Labels

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Holiday Party



Tis the season...to have fun!!!

We have enjoyed 5 festive holiday parties in the past week!! One of which was our own. Oh, how I love spending time with friends and celebrating the most wonderful time of the year! And the season is just beginning with 2 more party's to attend!!! Then off to spend it with our family which I cherish the most!

Every year we enjoy hosting a holiday party for 50-60 friends. These are some of the sweets which we served at our party....





My "signature" Decadent Chocolate Cake with a twist. Instead of tiny chucks of chocolate throughout this cake, I ended up topping this with ganache. This was totally by accident! After the cake came out of the oven, I realized that I forgot a key ingredient!--the tiny chocolate chunks! Frustrating!!! So for the added sweetness I topped it with ganache, it tasted wonderful and now I have two "signature cakes"!!

I also forgot to add sugar, a somewhat important ingredient, to a sugar cookie recipe I decided to try. Unfortunately, I couldn't salvage those!!


Ruby Jewel Cookies


Petite French Vanilla Cakes


Cranberry and Walnut Bars


Raspberry Brownie Torte


Amaretto Brownie Bites

I also made over 15 pounds of assorted chocolates, oreo truffles, toffee candy, biscotti, phllo cups filled with custard, Mexican wedding cakes and cherry, raspberry and apricot kolache. The kolache is a traditional Czech recipe that my husband makes each year with my daughter--their much appreciated contribution to the holiday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment