Labels

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Louis Sullivan


Louis Sullivan Exhibit at the CCC



The Guaranty Building in Buffalo



I love that he put as much detail into to small things like door knobs and mail slots as the big things!!!

I am fascinated with architecture. For me, I could look it it for hours, in fact when we go to the Chicago Art Museum you can find me in the architectural gallery staring in awe... in fascination... and at times in disbelief! Adore! Adore! Adore!!!....Can't get enough of it...I will tour anything with architecture! So when I heard that there was an exhibit featuring Louis Sullivan--the "Father of the Skyscrapers", I knew I would be there! Despite the fact that I had to drag...yes, I mean that literally...drag... and pull.... AND use my charm, to get my husband to this exhibit! Needless to say he was not nearly enthralled with this exhibit (wondering to myself what is wrong with this generally perfect man?????) but I loved it!!! It is at the Chicago Cultural Center until May.

No comments:

Post a Comment