Labels

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wildfire

While in Chicago for the weekend, we met up with my husband's college roommate and his wife for dinner. I love when my husband and his friend get together because they are hysterical. My husband has a great sense of humor and so does his old roomie, so the time together is always guaranteed to be fun!

They suggested that we eat at Wildfire which is a 1940's style steakhouse. It has been voted Chicago's favorite restaurant 3 years in a row! We had late reservations and the place was bustling! I usually order seafood when I go out but since Wildfire is known for it's steaks, I ordered the Chef's Trio. It was three filet Mignon steaks with a choice of toppings. I chose blue cheese and panko, mushrooms and panko and a Bearnaise sauce with a side of au gratin potatoes. The steak was cooked to perfection and the trio was a great way to sample some of their famous toppings. My husband had the halibut with a side of creamed spinach. His halibut was moist and tasty. I am not a big fan of spinach and never had creamed spinach before but even it was delicious! It was easy to see why this restaurant was voted a favorite 3 years in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment