Labels

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Caramel Corn


I think I can entertain... but our friends throw the best harvest party ever and have been doing it for years!! From a bon fire to hay rides to fantastic food (not to mention the haunted decorations in the barn!) this is the place to in the be in the fall. Combine this with great friends and this is the party you don't want to miss (I even made my husband change our vacation plans so we could be there!!) ! This is definitely my favorite party of the year!!

So this year I decided to make caramel corn. This is a recipe my neighbor gave me years ago and I have been making it ever since. I am bringing this in a witch's cauldron and "garnishing" it with a spider.

2 Cups brown sugar
1/2 pound butter
1 Cup light corn syrup

Boil until the mixture reaches 242 degrees on a candy thermometer.

Stir in:
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda

Pour over 4 1/2- 5 quarts of popcorn.

Bake on a cookie sheet at 250 degrees for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.

MY TIP: I spray the inside of a grocery bag with pam cooking spray and put the popcorn and caramel mixture in the bag and mix, so I have less clean up.


No comments:

Post a Comment