Labels

Friday, October 29, 2010

Chopped Salad


Football weekends with my husband's college buddies are one of my favorite things to do in the fall (despite putting up with the teasing that "their" team beat my alma mater the week before!).

I unfortunately made the mistake of saying in the car ride to the game-- "Who are-"WE" playing?", which made my husband VERY happy that he finally converted me to "HIS" team! I am not sure I will live that one down!

But it was great to see everyone and I love hearing (and rehearing) the stories of long ago which get better and funnier every year!

Go Huskies!! (Yes, I said that!). And to you Craig, our host, I raise a glass of... covasia!

The weather was so unpredictable, that our friends had Portillo's waiting for us, instead of their plans of a cook- out before the game. I love Portillo's chopped salad, it is as good as Pizano's in downtown Chicago. Here is the recipe:


CHOPPED SALAD

Chopped Romaine & Iceberg lettuce mixed
1 Cup Ditalini pasta
1 Cup cooked/chopped chicken breast
1/2 cup cooked bacon
1-2 chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup red cabbage
1 pkg crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1 bunch green onions - chopped fine

Optional:
Chopped hard boiled eggs
Chopped hard salami

Toss with house dressing.

HOUSE DRESSING:
1/2 cup Gerard's Garlic dressing –bottled
1/2 cup Italian Season dressing made with Olive Oil & red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp Oregano crushed –fresh is best
1/2 tsp sugar
Fresh ground pepper and fresh ground sea salt to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment