Labels

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wine Not?



When we walked into our hotel in Chicago I noticed there was a wine tasting event in the atrium. When I asked the bellhop about it, he told me it was not open to the public. It was a gathering of wine makers (mainly from France, Italy and Spain) who were trying to convince the American distributors to purchase their wine, some going for as much as $500 a bottle! Although I joked with some of the distributors about their "fun job", they told me that in one day they "swished and spit" at least 50 wines and "had" to do it a second day! They did not seems as terribly excited about their job as me!

So in the atrium later that evening, enjoying a drink with my family and joking with our server about all the wine, she brought us a bottle of wine to sample, then another, then another, then a box to put it in(!) and then another and another! And if that was not enough she brought a wonderful cheese plate and later desserts! All compliments of our new foreign friends!...and no we could not drink all that wine but took it home to enjoy at another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment