Labels

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dancing with the Stars

We have been taking dance lessons for almost a year now and really enjoy it. My husband suggested that we invite our class over to our house for an evening of drinks and dancing on the deck!

I visualize twinkle lights draped over our deck and dancing under the stars! Of course it would be REALLY ironic if I had Christmas lights in July, because I have ALWAYS dreamed of having them in December at our annual holiday party and never been able to convince my husband (...hint, hint, AGAIN!). (I use luminaries instead to set the mood). I did have lighted decorations one year at our holiday party, thanks to our "good friends"... who set up a gaudy blinking light display on our lawn unbeknown to me that they won at a "white elephant party". I was mortified to see this monstrosity when the party had ended and wonder which of my many guests might have actually thought I decorated with that on purpose! !! Yes--- these are the same friends who have put pink flamingos in our yard and a toilet with flowers on our front entrance way...did I mention they were "good friends"!?!?

I don't know if there will be lights but I do know that I am going to serve Italian appetizers at this get together. These skewers are pretty and a great appetizer to make in advance:

Cook tortellini according to directions on package
Slice cherry tomatoes
Bocconcini balls (Mozzarella balls in water)
Your favorite vinaigrette

Fresh chopped basil for garnish

Marinate for 1-24 hours.
Assembly on skewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment