Labels

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Kale Chips not to be confused with Real Chips!

So lately, my husband has been on a" health kick"--definitely an oxymoron but very good for him!  I have always prided myself in our family as the "healthy eater".  I never drink pop, (okay,  maybe once or even twice a year I will have half a glass); I rarely eat fast food (unless stranded on a highway being famished!); I rarely eat sweets (except for the right before Halloween (for some strange  reason I crave a candy bar) and I love, did I mention  LOVE veggies.  But as I mentioned my husband is on  some crazy "diet" that he frequently tells me is not a "diet" but a "lifestyle change".  Apparently he read an article on Bill Clinton (please note, he is a staunch, did I mention a staunch Republican who is agreeing with a Democrat, perhaps there is hope for our government!) diet change since his heart attack.  So I have been eating tons of quinoa, buckwheat, barley, hummus and lentils. Are you saying a collective YUM????  (And please do not stop looking at this blog!) So I decide to enter this field of cooking... as the good, supportive, loving  wife that I am...and I discovered a recipe that had great reviews----Kale Chips.  Now if you have read my blog before, you know that I don't like Kale, in fact my Kale salad recipe even omitted Kale!!.  But I believed the reviews.  They told me THESE  kale chips taste like potato chips.  I was in.....


 I read  200 reviews on how to make these with everyone's suggestions for the perfect chip.  So onward....

A very simple recipe  (YEAH!)

Kale well rinsed and well dried
A scarce bit of olive oil
Roasted on a baking sheet for 12 minute at 340 degrees.

Ahh, perhaps I have been eating too healthy lately and forgot how real chips tasted or perhaps 200 people were wrong and real chips taste crunchy, salty and oily in a good way. Sorry, but I will continue to eat real chips in a moderate. yet unhealthy way!


No comments:

Post a Comment