Labels

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Jesu Church


I took this picture of Jesu Church in Milwaukee in the summer, on one of my many feeble attempts to tour the inside of this beautiful church. Jesu Church, is a historical church which sits among the many stately buildings of Marquette University.

On this particular day, my daughter's boyfriend told me that the Church would be open for service so we could get a quick look inside of the French Gothic structure. It was open, but only the basement was open, and the basement looked like any other church basement! So I told the security guard my plight and asked if I could go upstairs and look at the church. He said he couldn't let me. I told him I had been trying to visit the upstairs numerous times to no avail and asked "When is it open?" For which he replied "Sunday"---YES, I felt like an idiot!!!

But we finally made it to the inside, on Christmas Eve for the Candlelight Mass! We were told to arrive an hour early to insure a seat and avoid standing room only. The inside was impressive, but even more impressive was the priest who before service came to each pew to welcome us and to wish us a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment