Labels

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow Days!






Snow Days Chicago 2010

Who doesn't like snow days??? When my children were little I think I liked them even more than they did--it meant a day off of work for me and a full day with them! I would bundle them up to go outside. I think I spent more time bundling them then what they actually spent in the snow and then I would unravel them so they could enjoy a toasty cup of hot chocolate. When the snow would reach 3 feet, I would tell them that this is "REAL" snow--like the kind I grew up with in Buffalo. They would always laugh. Then my stories of the blizzard would come out!!

But the girls are older now, and still love snow, so we bundled up and headed to Chicago to enjoy a weekend in the city. Chicago's Snow Days, now in it's second year is a winter festival held in Grant Park. It features an international competition of teams who transform piles of snow into beautiful, artistic creations.

To keep warm this winter, try this recipe!

Hot Chocolate:

2 cups whole milk
Cook over a medium heat, do not boil.
Grated milk chocolate (for children) or bittersweet (for adults) to taste
Add marshmallows (optional)
Serves 2

No comments:

Post a Comment