Labels

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Reel Club

We just returned from Chicago. We stayed in Oakbrook, one of it's suburbs. My husband did some research on restaurants and came up with 2 that he wanted to try. We decided on the Reel Club, which specializes in seafood.

The decor was very classic bistro. We sat in one of the half circle banquets surrounding the perimeter of the restaurant--cozy and romantic! The service was outstanding and the food even better! I can't remember the last time we ate out and my husband said "this is really good", in fact he said it at least 4 times! He had clam chowder, whitefish with an espresso BBQ sauce perfectly baked on a cedar plank served with an apple watercress salad. I had their seafood gumbo and a spicy linguine dish with lobster, shrimp and fresh crab meat. I am glad that the server asked if I wanted it a little or a lot spicy, as I choose a little and it was the perfect amount of heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment