Labels

Monday, May 30, 2011

Cajun Connection

If you eat with your eyes, then close your eyes now, because you will probably pass by this place!!!

But don't!!!!



Put me to shame!!! Yes, that's right! I thought I knew how to cook Cajun food. Well, I was wrong, yes, WRONG!! This is how you cook Cajun!!! Cajun Connection is located in Peru, Illinois about an hour away from Naperville (which many travel from to enjoy this fare) and 10 minutes from Starved Rock. We would not have stopped here if I hadn't read the rave reviews online about this place. They have the best gumbo and fried oysters I have ever had! Chief Ron cooks authentic Cajun food from "gator" to turtle.

When Chef Ron learned that we had not ordered "gator", he sat down at the table with us and gave us a "talkin". Although unsuccessful at getting us to order this delicacy, he decided to bring us a plate to try anyways.



And if that wasn't enough, he took my daughter into the kitchen to show what the "gator" looks like before it's fried!

No comments:

Post a Comment