Labels

Friday, October 7, 2011

French Dip

I am not one to use a crock pot for cooking. In fact, my husband was surprised that I used one and my daughter actually complimented my husband on the meal since he uses one!!!! Grrrrr......

But I decided to try this recipe when I stumbled upon "Our Best Bites" blog which had this to say about the following recipe---"This is the single most-requested, best-loved, raved-about recipe on my personal blog." Rarely do I see recipes with such glowing reviews, so I thought I would try it. This comment made me reflect on my "single most-requested, best-loved, raved about recipe on my personal blog. I am not sure what it would be,??????.... so I will let you decide!!!! I think I have many!!!. But this recipe was good and better than that, it was easy to make! And lately, when it seems like I have less and less time to spend in the kitchen, a good and easy recipe is a winner!

1 2.5-3 lb. beef roast
2 Tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper
2 1-ounce packages dry onion soup mix
2 c. water
2 cans beef broth
6 large buns
Swiss, provolone, or mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced.

Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and rub roast with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment