Labels

Monday, November 9, 2009

Sushi Party

































Potstickers:

Since my family requested this 3 times in one week (which NEVER happens!) I knew this recipe would be good to serve for friends! I was right--they ate 75 pot stickers! I am glad I kept the rest of the menu simple because these were labor intensive and took me 4 hours to make!

I served oriental snacks from the Oriental Market and put them in Chinese takeout boxes for presentation. I cut the pineapple and stuck in maraschino cherries for color. I cheated and used Sushi from the grocery. I had experimented with Asian lettuce wraps but they were too sloppy so I skipped those. And of course there were fortune cookies! For drinks I used Chardonnay, mixed in a little cranberry juice for color and put sliced plums on the bottom for a garnish and called it "Plum Fusion". I knew my friends would not drink plum wine or sake! I have used this drink before once for a girls night in and called it "Tickle me Pink" and once for an evening of appetizers with friends before Christmas and called it "Sugar Plum Fairy". It always get rave reviews! And who doesn't like a signature drink!















No comments:

Post a Comment