Labels

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Chicken three ways

My "Go To Chicken"


NOTEWORTHY"S "Incredible Chicken"




NOTEWORTHY"S "Just Good Chicken"




I love chicken. First, it's healthy and second, it's easy. I like whole roasted chickens but when it's just my husband and me I make drumsticks. There are only 80 calories in a drumstick and since I don't eat the skin there are even less! It is my "go to meal" when I don't feel like cooking or just want to make something simple. Chicken is NEVER requested in my house, because I make it so often. Usually when someone says "What's for dinner?" and I reply "Chicken", I usually hear a very sarcastic "That's great!" followed by me saying "It's healthy for you!" So you can imagine the excitement when I announced that we were going to "taste test" chicken!

I actually decided to make my "go to" recipe and two recipes I found in the NOTEWORTHY cookbook. I had to made the "Just Good Chicken" and "Incredible Chicken"--I am not making these names up! They are baking now so I can be a little sarcastic myself and wonder if they will live up to their names!

So here are the recipes and the verdict will be in shortly.

All the recipes require that you rinse your chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. And cook them for 40 minutes in a lightly oiled roasting pan turning half way though.

"My Go to Chicken":
(such a humble name!) Sprinkle with garlic salt, basil and fresh ground pepper.

"Just Good Chicken": Brush chicken with Dijon Mustard. Season with salt, paprika and basil.

"Incredible Chicken":
Season fairly heavily with garlic salt. Sprinkle generously with brown sugar.


The verdict is in. Nobody thought the "Incredible Chicken" was ... incredible. The results were mixed on the others. All were good. The "Just Good Chicken" scored the best. The "Go to chicken" was identified as one liked a lot but familiar. The incredible chicken was sweet and it you like sweet food you would probably enjoy this recipe. So I guess you will have to decide!

MY TIP: If you need an easy and simple meal, just rip open a bag of baby carrots, toss some extra virgin oil on top and toss them in the pan with the chicken!


No comments:

Post a Comment