Labels

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts


When I was talking with my oldest daughter who also loves to entertain, she mentioned that she was hosting a girl's night in and was going to exchange clothes and accessories with her friends. I thought that was a cute and practical idea especially since she has a ton of clothes that she never wears.

So it got me thinking. I have a ton of cookbooks, some I love and some I never use. So for my girls night in I decide to host a cookbook exchange. I invited 8 friends who like to cook, asked each to bring 2 cookbooks and an appetizer to share. I gave a prize for the best appetizer--bacon wrapped water chestnuts was the hands down favorite! And we all walked away with new cookbooks and appetizer ideas!


Here is the best recipe of the evening...

Ingredients

  • 1 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained
  • enough soy sauce to cover chestnuts
  • 1/2 pound sliced bacon
  • brown sugar

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, marinate the water chestnuts in the soy sauce 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  3. Cut the bacon slices in half. Wrap each water chestnut with 1 half slice of bacon. Secure with toothpicks and arrange on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment